Skillet Caramel Apples
These are super quick and easy, SUPER yummy dessert, suitable for Tuesday night treats or guests at a dinner party. If you want to go over-the-top decadent they would be good with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, but that’s really not necessary.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 1 large apple per person
- 4 Tbs (or ¼ cup) of butter
- 4 Tbs (or ¼ cup) honey
- Cinnamon to taste (I like a lot of it!)
- Always wash apples before eating. Apples are one of the most highly sprayed foods. Simple dish soap and warm water will do.
- Cut an apple in half, then in quarters. Cut out the core. And then slice the apple. I leave the skin on because it helps the apples to hold their shape.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Arrange the slices of apples in the melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the slices over and drizzle the honey over them.
- Continue to sautee for a few more minutes. The butter and the honey will thicken and create a caramel sauce. Serve when the apples are cooked through and the caramel has started to harden.